Prof Deepali Kelkar
Information Technology is an engineering division, which concentrates on the study of utilizing computers and telecommunications in order to control, gather, store and circulate information. Both software and hardware sectors are parts of Information Technology. Due to the importance and reputation of IT, the present age is sometimes referred to as information technology age. IT represents a vast category of career options that are based on processing, designing, developing, testing, managing or supporting computer and web-based technologies and devices that constitute an IT network.
Why To Choose Information Technology
• Information Technology has become an essential piece of every business plan-
from large, multinational corporations to small, family- owned businesses.
• Several industries associated with Information Technology include Computer Hardware, Software, and Electronics, Semi-Conductors, Internet, Telecom Equipment, e-Commerce and Computer Services.
• IT consists of the most rapidly growing employment fields in the country today!
• The IT sector in India is generating around 2.5 million direct employments.
• There are a lot of jobs in Private as well as Public Sector.
• IT Engineers are being offered good Salary Packages & Benefits by the IT Cos.
• Safe and Comfortable Office Job.
• Companies do offer a lot of chances to its Employees to visit abroad.
• The future is of network of devices and people. All the devices and
gadgets would be interconnected and interdependent. So IT engineers
would play a vital role in developing and implementing these technologies.